Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weight loss story

In January Kyle moved to Childress for his new job and I was stuck in Lubbock lonely, depressed and eating all day. When my FAT pants were getting too tight I knew I had hit my limit. I had to change and it had to be now. 

Five years of bad eating habits, lack of exercise, a horrific c-section scar and baby weight have taken over my body and my life.  This year I made it a goal to finally lose this weight and change my lifestyle. In January I started at 238, in 2009 I was up to 250. So this has been a long stressful battle for me. I am currently 203 and my goal weight is 145. That seems like a lot, but after losing 30lbs I know I can reach this goal before the end of the year.

So what did I do to lose 35lbs? Well it has been a combination of diet & exercise
And no it wasn't a diet program, it was just a change in my normal diet

This shows what a day of meals looks like

Diet-
I stopped eating fast food and fatty foods. Pizza was one of my favorite meals and it was the first to go.
Started eating smaller meals through out the day. About 6 meals a day.

Morning- Toast with boiled egg & water
                 Grapes & banana & water
                 Granola Bar & water
Afternoon- Whole wheat sandwich with turkey/mustard/Colby jack cheese & water
                    Grapes & water
            
Evening- Steamed Chicken breast with green beans
                 Sugar Free fudge bar

Exercise- I started the 30day shred with Jillian  and I wasn't a big fan
So I looked into this thing called Zumba that everyone was talking about. If you have never been and you have access to a class, you NEED to go. It is the best workout EVER!! I LOVE it soo much I am typing in All Caps :)

I went to zumba every morning at 9am to start my day. If not every day, every other day.
I love dancing and working out so why not do it at the same time right?!
Zumba gave me energy and worked my body good



 
This is crazy!! I didn't realize the difference until I took this picture today. I have about 60lbs to go to get back to my pre marriage/baby body! I can and will do this before the end of the year, which is when the first image was taken. I started at 238 and I got down to 200, but with moving and traveling it was hard to not gain a bit.  
I just started the Couch to 5K this week and I was actually able to run! I have not been able to run in 5 years. I am sore as hell, but I feel great. Now I just have to get my tummy toned. This is the part that is the hardest.

Since losing weight
- bought my first pair of GAP jeans since before I was married (they are snug but zip up)
- got rid of ALL my XXL shirts
- went from a 42DD to a 40C (which is getting too big now)
- size L t-shirt is looking decent on me ( depending on the store, but its better than 2xl)
- I can run again.... this is one of the biggest accomplishments for me

Even with all of these awesome changes, I just feel better all around


I hope that my story encourages people to take back their lives and lose the weight they have been battling with. Please share your story with others, because you never know who is reading and going through the same thing as you.

5 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration!! Way to go. I feel your struggle, I'm there right now. It's tough. I am looking forward to reading more about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Danielle! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - You are looking amazing!!! You are a truly beautiful person! I'm so happy to call you a friend. The first step is so hard...my encouragement to you is to keep going - it's so hard to get back into the workout routine when you take - what you are planning is just a small break. I myself am so ready for school to get back going...some routine where exercise is just a part of my day...summer has kicked my butt and I've really been slacking! You should think about doing the mini sprint tri with us next summer!! Motivation!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Danielle! Seriously, it feels great to get back and exercise and I hate running, so good for you! You can do it! I love the before and after pictures. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, You look great and you are doing so awesome! I love zumba too, it's addicting. I ran across your blog through pinterest, I live in Lubbock too! small world.:]

    ReplyDelete